Saturday, July 9, 2011

Panko Crusted Fried Squash Blossoms with a Mustard Summer Salad

This morning I walked up to the Grand Army Plaza Farmers Market.   When I got there I saw a stand that was calling my name.   What you ask???  SQUASH BLOSSOMS!

These are such a pretty vegetable or flower or whatever they are.   They have the brightness of a squash and the hint of their flavor.  Their couldn't be a more perfect little blossom to cook with.

So what could I do with these squash blossoms and only one thing came to mind.  Stuff and Fry!  Stuff and Fry!

I decided to stuff them with an herb cheese.   I got two parts fresh ricota, one part tangy goat cheese and some farm fresh thai basil.   I dipped them in some milk then rolled em in flour.  I then dipped them in milk again and layered on some wonderful panko bread crumbs.  I fried em up in some vegetable oil and got them golden golden brown.   YUM

I picked up some mustard greens, fresh jersey tomatoes, and some fresh cucumber.   I whisked together some olive oil, dijon mustard, brown sugar, salt and pepper.   I tossed all the greens in dressing with the chopped up tomatoes and cucumber.

With did I get?  Sinfully fresh, summery delicious, nutritious and slightly bad while absolutely delicious lunch!  YAY!

Food pics below:



YUM YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment