Saturday, February 19, 2011

Winter Soup Fun

After a wonderful breakfast sandwich that I whipped up this morning I recided that I wanted to make a nice winter soup.   I figured I could go to the market and just find a bunch of winter veg to make a soup with.    It was warm this week in park slope brooklyn.  The weather turned cold last night in brooklyn so I wanted to warm my belly up!

Basic plan....Pick up lots of winter veg like carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, and the like.   Start the soup with onion, garlic and a shallot with butter.    Add in the chopped up winter veg and then get everything all covered with butter.    Sautee the whole mix up a bit and then add in vegetable stock.     I finish it with a sprig of rosemary and a bay leave.   Let the whole thing simmer for 30 minutes or so and then puree it.  

Ok so here were my ingredients:


Here is a shot of the ingredients in the initial sautee

Here is the shot of the soup before I let it simmer:

It came out super delicious.   I ended up adding some heavy cream to the puree to make it a bit more silky.   I topped it off with a nice slice of goat cheese and some fresh chopped chives. 

YUM YUM SOUP

No comments:

Post a Comment