Monday, February 21, 2011

A Light Winter Salad w/Tangerine Vinaigrette

This weekend I wanted to make a bright little winter salad that really embodied a broad range of tastes and textures.

What I ended up with was simply delicious!

SALAD:
2 baby zucchinis
1 large radish
1 small radish
1 yellow squash
1 Radicchio


I shaved both zucchinis, the yellow squash and the large radish.   I rough julienne chopped the small radish and radicchio and that we it.

TANGERINE VINAIGRETTE:
The juice of one larger tangerine
1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar (this is to taste and based on the quality of your vinegar)
2 large pinches of course sea salt
Some cracked black pepper
1 small pinch of sugar
Olive Oil (i think i did about 3 tablespoons but I whisked it in until it achieved the taste I wanted)

I tossed it all together with my hands to make sure EVERY item was lightly coated with my vinaigrette.  I garnished it with some freshly chopped parsley.

This salad was AMAZING!  It was light, crisp, slippery, sweet, tangy, salty, bitter.   This thing was awesome.

Here is another shot of it:




YUM YUM WINTER SALAD

No comments:

Post a Comment