Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Healthy Eating Challenge - Part Deux

Yesterday I posted about creating a healthy eating challenge for myself.  Now with that of course comes not only healthy eating but I realized that I should expand that to include a healthy exercise program.  After all I can eat good but if I am a lump on a log I will make no progress really!   After all the more progress, the more the indulgence factor in my foodventures becomes "ok."

Now for those of you who know me I am not known as the "workout" kind of guy but actually in my youth I quite was.   I did weight lifting, swimming, and baseball as an adolescent and as a teen I did football.  However in recent years I have been so obsessed with the media side of myself that I have neglected this side of myself.

So its time to regiment a work out plan I can follow to ease myself back into the healthier way of life....

Workout Plan:

5 days a week of hitting the gym

Day 1:
30 minutes of cardio
5 minutes of stretching
30 minutes of strength training - upper body
5 minutes of sauna

Day 2:
30 minutes of cardio
5 minutes of stretching
30 minutes of strength training - core
5 minutes of sauna

Day 3:
30 minutes of cardio
5 minutes of stretching
30 minutes of strength training - lower body
5 minutes of sauna

Day 4:
30 minutes of cardio
5 minutes of stretching
30 minutes of strength training - core
5 minutes of sauna

Day 5:
30 minutes of cardio
5 minutes of stretching
15 minutes of balance routines
10 minutes of sauna

Now while I am not a trainer and have no idea whether or not this will be effective, I do know that this is what is comfortable for me and will cover most of the bases I need to cover core, balance, cardio. detox, and muscle growth.  Will let you all know how I do....

Onward and Upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment