Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Healthy Eating Challenge

So anyone who reads this blog should be well aware that I LOVE TO EAT!   But as of late things like my love of cheese, meat, and butter have been getting the best of me.   I have started putting on too much weight.   So I wanted to begin a thread on a healthy eating challenge I am giving myself.   It's ok to indulge but I need to do a better job balancing.  Here are some choices I made this morning and what I switched from to show how better choices can begin to make a difference....

Breakfast

Old Choice:  Sausage, Eggs, and Cheese with Jalapenos on an Everything Bagel

Why I chose it:   Eggs and Jalapenos with Sausage is one of the most amazing things in the world to eat.   NUFF SAID

New Choice: Eggs Whites, Sausage, Jalapenos with Wheat Toast

Estimated Calorie Savings:  ~200 kCals


Lunch

Old Choice:    Tuna Melt w/Chips and an Orange Soda

Why I chose it:  Savory, Crunchy, and Sweet

New Choice:  Healthy Salad with Fat Free Dressing and Water

Estimated Calories Savings: ~300 kCals

Snack

Old Choice:  Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffin

Why I chose it:  UMMMM....

New Choice:  Chobani No Fat Blueberry Greek Yogurt

Estimated Calorie Savings:  ~450 kCals


Choices before dinner estimated calorie savings:  950 kCals  NICE!!!!

Time to get a bit more healthy so I can indulge as I like :)  I know I know.... lol

No comments:

Post a Comment