Monday, April 25, 2011

The Redhead Bacon Peanut Brittle - A Review

While shopping around at the BKLYN Larder I picked up the redhead Bacon Peanut Brittle.  I mean come on!   Bacon + Caramel Peanuts!  Yes! Yes! Yes!  

I brought my groceries home and you never would guess what was one of the first things I tore open.  BACON PEANUT BRITTLE!  Mwahahahhahahaha 

I wanted to taste these little buggers.   Cooking with bacon in interesting ways has become a hobby of mine.  I especially love using it in deserts.  

So what did I think when I dived into the bag?  Honestly?  Let down!  I mean let me take a step back its a delicious treat.   Spicy peanuts with a hint of bacon and i didn't really get the brittle thing at all.  Honestly they need to repackage it.  It's good but if you are buying based on the label you will be let down.

Next time redhead if you put BACON in giant font followed by peanut and brittle I want to taste BACON first then the peanut brittle.   I got spicy peanut with a hint of bacon and i missed the brittle completely.   Still good though!

No comments:

Post a Comment