Saturday, April 2, 2011

Mirin Grapeseed Oil Pineapple with Jalapeno Relished Tossed Honey Cottage Cheese

So this morning I had an idea.    I wanted something light and fresh for breakfast.   But I wanted something that also made my taste buds tingle with multiple flavors.

Hmmmm...

I asked myself what flavors and for some odd reason heat and sweet popped into my head.

I mean how can you go wrong with heat and sweet?   A delicious formula for success.

I thought about what heat first and that was easy.   My tried and true pickled jalapenos will do.  Let me take a moment for here to talk about pickled jalapenos.   They are friggin delicious.   I have started to really get into the robust and sweet flavor of pickled jalapenos.    Its starting to incorporate itself into almost every day as something I snack on.  

For the sweet I thought that I could toss in some pineapples that were quick sauteed (2mins) with mirin and grapeseed oil to add a bit of fragrance and a deep complex sweet from the mirin.

I tossed it all together with a bit of honey to plus up sweet's jingle, pepper to add to the tingle and salt to make the flavors mingle and what did I get????

Fragrantly sweet, tingles of heat, creamy goodness.

Here are the pics:



No comments:

Post a Comment