Saturday, December 11, 2010

Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Truffled Black Trumpet Mushrooms and Gorgonzola Cheese

My wife Megan and I decided to take a walk today and hit our local market.   We wanted to pick up something nice to make for lunch as this is the first day we are spending together since last weekend.   Working in a bi-coastal gig is tough :(

We started with the idea of maybe making a steak and mushroom sandwich but as always my eyes get me in trouble and the audibles ensue.

We decided to make a sandwich with simple Grilled Chicken, truffled Black Trumpet mushroom, and Gorgonzola cheese on a toasted baguette.

Yum Yum Sandwich

Here is what we threw together


2 large chicken breasts (trimmed)
2 sprigs of fresh Rosemary
Large handful of Black Trumpet Mushrooms
A few pinches of salt
Cracked Black Pepper
Olive Oil
Black Truffle infused Olive Oil
Nice piece of Mountain Gorgonzola cheese
1 crusty crunchy delicious fresh baguette

I gave the chicken a nice healthy coating of olive oil, salt, and cracked black pepper.

I gave the Black Trumpet Mushrooms a nice rough chop and chopped up the rosemary from 2 fresh sprigs.

I heat my grill to really hot and then lowered it to a medium/high heat.    I threw the chicken on it to get it grilling.   I heated a skillet to a nice hot heat and tossed in the black truffle oil.  Once the oil was nice and hot I tossed in the mushrooms and fresh rosemary.     I want to make these cook and get NICE AND CRISPY.   Nuffin says luvin like some crispy truffled mushrooms.  

After a couple of minutes or until i had bad ass grill marks on the first chicken side I then flipped it to the other side.     I cut a baguette into some open sandwhiches.  I drizzled some olive oil on it and tossed it in the broiler to toast up.     I cubed up some gorgonzola to get my finally assembly ready. 

Once the bread was nice and toasty I removed the chicken from the grill and cut into 3/4" pieces so I can begin my sandwich assembly.    Grilled chicken first then the truffled black trumpet mushrooms and finally a healthy dose of gorgonzola cheese.    Close the sandwich up and cut it in half and serve

All I can say is the following....

YUM YUM Sandwich

Oh and if you are asking yourself the following question:  "In your ingredients picture I see an heirloom tomato but you didn't say what to do with it.  What the hell???"

Well....I decided I didn't want to add the mushy tomato texture to the sandwich when I already but the creamy mushy goodness of the Gorgonzola.    So  I saved it and just made it as a delicious afternoon snack :)

YUM
YUM
TOMATO

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment