Sunday, April 3, 2011

Salty Candied Bacon Walnut Chocolate Truffles - My Weekend of Truffles

Given its my weekend of truffles I decided to keep going and make some more.    Diet to start next week!!!!!

I wanted something salty sweet and given the success of my salty bacon cracker cookies I wanted to keep on going down the bacon and salt path.

I decided that I wanted to candy my bacon in brown sugar.  If you have never candied bacon you are missing out.  This is a delicious and fun palette pleaser.

I chopped up a mixture of 2/3 walnuts, 1/3 almonds.   I mixed melted milk chocolate with the chopped nuts, and candied bacon chopped finely.  I rolled the ganache in that and formed a little ball.   Coated it with extra chopped nuts.   Topped it with some pieces of candied bacon and gave it a nice sprinkle of salt.

What I got was SO yum.   Highly reccomend!

No comments:

Post a Comment