Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Bright and Simply Delicious Steak and Eggs

I arrived home early this morning, flying in around 130am.   I was so excited to be home.   To walk into the paradise known as home was such a wonderful idea to me.   It became almost aspirational. 

So this morning I wanted to bless my home with a wonderful breakfast that was bright and reminded us of what we have. 

Herbs and acidity are the key to brightness so I decided to built around cilantro and lime. 

I started by toasting some spices.   Yellow mustard seed and black peppercorns.  I tossed in some brown sugar which will give my rub some caramelization.   At the same time I put a nice clove of garlic in the mortar and pestle and got it all mashed up.   I tossed in the spices once they started crackling and got the rub all mashed up. 

I rubbed down the skirt steak with my fresh rub and then let the steak sit.   I chopped up some fresh cilantro and rubbed the steak down with after squeezing fresh lime juice all over the steak.  I finished it with a coating of olive oil to make sure it gets hot hot hot. 

I scrambled together 4 eggs with a little milk, coarse sea salt, and cracked black peppercorns.  Put my pan on medium heat and added some butter.  Poured the eggs out and finished them with some freshly chopped chives.  I grilled the skirt steak along with some freshly slices baguette.

What did I get?

The most bright and light steak and eggs I have ever had.   Wonderfully delicious!

A pic of the rub

Here is a couple of pics of the final product




No comments:

Post a Comment